IRH-ICUB is announcing a 2-year research position within the project “The emergence of mathematical physics in the context of experimental philosophy” (Principal Investigator: Dana Jalobeanu).
- The successful candidate should have a PhD (preferably in history of science, early modern studies, history of mathematics), a significant publication record in the field of early modern studies, preferably in connection with the history of early modern mathematics, mathematical practices, the reception of Proclean tradition, or sixteenth century Aristotelianism.
- Knowledge of English and Latin required, French and German constitute an advantage. The successful candidate will join the team of the project on November 1, 2017.
- Deadline for applications, September 30, 2017. There will be an interview, organized in October 3, 2017.
- Research topics: The Aristotelian theory of science and its early modern reception, The Proclean tradition in the 16-17 centuries, Forms of mathematization in the “scientific revolution”; historiographic debates.
- The application file should have two components:
- a CV and a letter of motivation by email to email@example.com (by September 30).
- a standard application file (containing copies of the diplomas) to be sent to the University of Bucharest, Mihail Kogalniceanu str. 34-36. For details on how to put together the application file: firstname.lastname@example.org; or tel: 0040-21-307-73-00