Location: Bucharest, Faculty of Letters, University of Bucharest
Keynote speakers: Corinne Rossari (University of Neuchâtel), Michelle Sheehan (“Anglia Ruskin” University, Cambridge)
Submission deadline: 30 September 2018
As in previous years, we intend to cover a wide range of topics, encompassing all the domains and directions of research in the study of Romanian and in general linguistics, bringing together a large number of researchers from Romania and abroad.
We encourage a wide range of different types of abstracts, including, but not limited to, the following domains:
– morphology, syntax, phonetics, and phonology,
– pragmatics and stylistics,
– lexicology and lexicography, semantics, and terminology,
– diachronic linguistics, philology, and dialectology,
– teaching Romanian as a mother tongue and as a foreign language.
The conference will also be the host of two workshops:
- Syntactic Variation in Romance (More details here)
- Attitude and Stance in Discourse (More details here)
Conference languages: Romanian, English, French
Call for Papers: Submitted abstracts should be 1 page in length (references excluded). Please send abstracts no later than September 30, 2018 to: email@example.com.
For further inquiries, please contact Alexandru Nicolae (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Adina Dragomirescu (email@example.com).
Notification of acceptance: October 8, 2018
Presentations will be scheduled for 30 minute slots (20 minutes followed by 10 minutes for questions).
Registration Fee: € 40 (or RON 180); students: € 20 (RON 90). The registration fee can be paid upon arrival.
More details here