True to our mission to foster collaboration both locally and at the international level, we are committed to the organization of top-quality interdisciplinary, research-oriented events, such as research seminars, workshops and colloquia. We are happy to collaborate with Departments and Research Centers of the University of Bucharest and we encourage and support collaborative proposals for short and long term research seminar.
Organizing a research seminar with us is a form of association around common scientific projects.
The IRH-ICUB hosts at present several regular research seminars. These are regular interdisciplinary, international projects, in which established scholars, young researchers and students are reporting their recent findings and test their ideas. Seminars take place usually twice per month, at the IRH-ICUB (Dimitrie Brandza 1). The language of the seminars is English. Seminar conveners become associate members of the Institute.
If you want to organize a seminar or reading group at the IRH-ICUB, please send us:
- A short description of the seminar containing:
- Description of the main topic and format;
- Targeted audience and resource persons;
- Envisaged topics for the meetings and calendar.
- Some possible dates – please check our calendar of public events before proposing the dates, http://icub.unibuc.ro/ and prepare to be flexible (we need to accommodate many events on a limited space).
- A personal CV (including a list of publications).
How can we help you:
- By offering infrastructure and administrative support;
- By publicizing your event on our lists, web-site and newsletter;
- In case you plan to invite a high-profile, internationally visible invited speaker, we can help by providing 2 nights of accommodation (at Hotel Gaudeamus) once per semester, and help you organize a double event (with the invited speakers giving an interdisciplinary talk for the IRH-ICUB fellows and in your own research seminar).
- To establish a research group specialized on the topic of the seminar, which will apply for national and European grants;
- Articles and conference papers in high quality research journals (preferably international journals) acknowledging the IRH-ICUB support.